Hacker News new | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submit login


Solution: Childcare Visa. Many women in other parts of the world would LOVE to come to America. We need a special visa for them, and perhaps they can take care of your children from 8 to 6PM M-F in exchange for room and board and weekends, or some type of arrangement.

This already exists. J-1 visa (I think?) satisfies this, there are a lot of companies set up to do this, e.g. Au Pair in America.

It's not free, but it's significantly less than the aforementioned $25 / hr.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact