|My friends and I have decided that we are sick of living paycheck-to-paycheck. We want to start a business together that would bring us residual income. I have a few ideas, but I am all ears if you have any suggestions.|
A little about me: I am highly knowledgeable in HTML/CSS/JS, website development, wordpress, graphic design, online marketing, and social marketing. I've worked with companies such as ARCO Gas, AMPM, HiteJinro, Ballantines Whiskey, and the LA Dodgers.
I have experience and understanding of the current state of the web and effective marketing.
An idea: buy cheap high quality phone cases from China
* The $5K / mo would give us a variety of cases to choose from, as well as bulk discounts. Obviously, we would start small to test the market, maybe invest $1K in inventory
* Simple, modern website that makes purchasing easy on the web and mobile
* Highly targeted market. Example: (Item: a Justin Beiber case) Facebook ad target teenage girls in the USA who have liked Justin's facebook page
* Analytics, A/B testing, whatever I can do to maximize profits
* Sell $1 cases for ~$10; should result in very high ROI
* Even though the case market is saturated, with targeted ads I'm thinking it would be possible.
Any other ideas?
edit: Don't get whats with all the downvotes :/ We are legitimately trying to start something that would help us get out of living paycheck to paycheck, and are simply open to hearing ideas. Isn't this what the whole entrepreneurial spirit is about?