* Talented Scala developer who excels in software design and execution.
* Works well with team environment and is invested in making the team better and delivering the best possible product for the company.
Why this opportunity is really cool:
* Get to work on massive scale: we at NordstromRack.com/HauteLook.com represent the online/off-price division of Nordstrom, and we are its fastest growing division.
* Get to work with small, conversational team that is _agile_, rather than "doing Agile".
* Salary will be genuinely competitive relative to abilities and experience.
* Get to build a lot of new stuff with:
* Scala: virtually all of this team's our coding is with the Scala langauge
* Akka-based actor systems
* Lift web framework
* We are doing virtually all development with AWS and Docker for this team.
* Our management (all the way up to our President) is realistic about, responsive to feedback about, and invested in technology. NordstromRack.com/HauteLook recognizes and rewards quality results, which is unique for an established company of our size.
* Compensation will be very competitive on the basis of abilities and experience.
* Would be part of recently formed Search & Personalization team that has ambitious goals for our members' ecommerce shopping experience.
* Scale is giant, NordstromRack.com/HauteLook.com represents the online/off-price division of Nordstrom, which is its fastest growing division.
If interested, please email me your resume (and feel free to include github username) to email@example.com (hiring manager). Of course let me know if you have any questions I can answer first too.