We are working on Log Management softwareIt is designed to store terabytes to petabytes of logs. Mainly we are using Erlang and C/C++. Qualys has many offices around the world. We can have you employed in those countries, if you prefer to work remotely. We can assist with a visa, and help with relocation. Check out our global locations: https://www.qualys.com/company/contacts/
We need Software Engineers, QA Engineers, DevOps Professionals. If you are not a superstar yet, but you are eager to learn cool things, we'd like to hear from you.
What we did in the past and what we do these days:
* Distributed programming (scheduling in a cluster, leader election and all).
* Custom on-disk and in-memory structures.
* Query processing and execution.
* Data ingestion.
* Programming in Erlang which is fun.
* Too many to enumerate all them at once.
What we are planning to work on in the near future:
* Work on aggregation/reporting language and processing pipeline.
* Stream processing.
* Fraud and anomaly detection.
* Secondary indices/materialized views.
* Doing synchronization between nodes as less as possible.
* Data replication.
* Live streaming (tail -f).
* Many many more tasks in our roadmap.
We have a lot of plans and tasks. You could choose whatever you are passionate about. We are a small team, regularly hanging out and playing basketball together.
Want to be a part of all these? Please shoot an email to ichernetsky at qualys dot com