* the Flynn Effect
* various points of human psychology (victim vs perpetrator bias)
* the crime spike in the 90's and its causes
* a critique of Freakonomics' hypothesis that abortion caused the decline of the 90's crime wave
* Sections on bullying, animal rights, gay rights, women's rights, etc.
* The various types of wars and their individual proximate causes for decline.
* An interesting section on self-control, how it works and how its lack contributes to crime. Even fascinating pragmatic information on how one's own self-control can be improved.