Hacker News new | comments | show | ask | jobs | submit login

You should be able to deduct the loss, but I'm not sure how that plays with the tax owed, since the loss is a capital loss and you're paying tax on an object of specific value (not a capital gain). It might not simply cancel out.

Guidelines | FAQ | Support | API | Security | Lists | Bookmarklet | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact