Voleon Capital Management LP is a technology-driven investment firm employing cutting-edge statistical machine learning techniques. We are looking for an exceptionally capable software engineer. You will architect & implement new production trading systems, machine learning infrastructure, data integration pipelines, and large-scale storage systems.
We seek candidates with a proven track record of writing correct, well-designed software, solving hard problems, and delivering complex projects on time. You should preferably have experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant distributed systems. Experience with building large-scale data infrastructure, stream processing systems, or latency-sensitive programs is a bonus.
- Go/C/C++/Python in a Linux environment with a focus on performance, concurrency, and correctness.
- TCP/IP networking, multi-threading, and server development.
- Common Internet protocols (IP, TCP/UDP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, SNMP, etc.).
- architecting and designing highly available systems.
- architecting and designing large-scale data management infrastructure.
- Large codebases and building modular, manageable code.
- Debugging/performance profiling, use of tools (strace, valgrind, gdb, tcpdump, etc.)
- Build and test automation tools.
- work with well-defined change management processes.
- diagnosing RDBMS performance problems, exploiting indexing, using EXPLAIN PLAN, optimizing at the code layer, etc.
- working with messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Redis, etc.) as well as distributed caching systems.
Interest finance is essential, but experience in finance is not a primary hiring factor. Benefits and compensation are highly competitive. We can be very flexible for the right person.
Email CV/request for more info to Charles@Voleon.com.